Home / History / Indian and Afghan army attack

Indian and Afghan army attack

Dozens of people died on Monday in a series of air strikes by the Afghan Air Force in a district of Kunduz province.
Several politicians claimed that a madrassa had been played at a graduation ceremony for Islamic students.
Defense Ministry spokesman Gen. Mohammad Radmanesh said army helicopters had attacked a “Taliban-centric site” in Dasht-e-Archi because militants had planned to launch attacks against the militants. institutions of the district government.
The attacks were carried out at noon local time, without the participation of the US-led coalition, he said, adding that 21 Taliban members were killed in the attack, which left dozens injured.
Radmanesh denied reports of several senators and two provincial officials that a madrassa was attacked.
Parliamentarians said dozens of people died, while an unconfirmed report from the province reported that more than 150 people died and were injured. A senator, Abdullah Qarloq, said civilians were among the victims and the Taliban.
The Taliban also said that a madrasa had been beaten and that all the victims were civilians.
“Those responsible for killing civilians and insulting religion will be prosecuted,” spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said in an email to Arab News.
A senior government official in Kabul denied that a religious school had been affected and said all the victims were militants.
However, Patricia Gossman, a senior researcher at Human Rights Watch in Afghanistan, fears that many of those killed have been civilians.
“According to the laws of war, selective assassinations must be carried out in accordance with the principle of proportionality,” he wrote on Twitter. “This is the latest incident in which air strikes aimed at killing insurgent leaders may have killed civilians disproportionately.”
The attack comes a week after allegations that a group of civilian students at a seminar allegedly died in a similar air strike in the western province of Farah by an attack by the Afghan army and a few days after the civilian casualties in the northeast of Badakhshan.
Since taking office more than three years ago, the government of President Ashraf Ghani has been silent about the civilian deaths in Afghanistan caused by Afghan government forces and the US-led coalition.
More than 40 patients and hospital staff died in prolonged US air strikes. UU Against a French hospital in 2015 after the Taliban briefly captured the city of Kunduz.

 

 

About Saad

Check Also

Karobar

Must Read and Share

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *